Monday, September 20, 2004

Detachable License


License! Yay! Posted by Hello

I finally got my Ohio Teaching License. After a weekend at Sabrina and Eric's for their Handfasting, I got to check my mail at about 11ish Sunday night and found my License in a very unassuming mailer with Credentials Enclosed printed on it. I was expecting something larger and more official looking but hey I got my License.

I feel complete again. Even though I have learned about the fact that I had obtained my license last Friday. I did not want to proclaim this fact to everyone until I got the paper in my hand.

I feel like the narrator in this famous King Missile song if you replace the p-word with the word license, that would adequately explain my sense of loss and frustration of the past 2 months. However I don't think "Detachable License" would carry the same panache as the original.
I saw my License lying on a blanket next to a broken toaster oven. Some guy was selling it. I had to buy it off him. He wanted 22 bucks, but I talked him down to 17. I took it home, washed it off, and put it back on. I was happy again. Complete.


I am happy again. Complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Garvin!!

Love,
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Detachable Pony?
Marvin