Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I am a working man again

After 6 wonderful weeks of being with Liam full time at home, I got a job!  However I did not get a teaching position (yet).  When I first moved into town about July 6 or so I got a call from NorthEast Care Center.  I had previously applied for a manager in training position, but was not selected for the interview.  I interviewed later that week, I was fully expecting the interview was for a Direct care position.  However from the start of the interview I sensed that I was not interviewing for the lower position. 
Like anyone who has tact, I pretended I knew what was going on until it was made very apparent to me that I was actually interviewing for the Manager in Training position.  After which I interviewed very well, and got the position. (yay!)
So for the past 2 weeks I have been training to fill paper work and generating reports! Ummm.
Why do I suddenly have an urge to watch Office Space? 
Anyway it's good to have a job eventho I am taking a massive pay cut.  I need insurance for Ahmie and Liam.  It's good to actually earn some money again.  The job is challenging.  It's good to have a backup when the largest school system in the area lays off 1400 teachers.

I never do anything easy.

No comments: