Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I know it's been 10 months, anyway My 30th birthday and Scrapblog

I know it has been about 10 months since I last wrote on this blog. Indeed much life has occurred during the interim I started teaching at a new school, most likely I will be back teaching there again this year. Ahmie became pregnant again and is due soon. Along with my parents we bought a double house in Lakewood. I think other than the year I started teaching in Virginia this has got to be the most stressful and action packed year in my life.

April was my 30 birthday and it went okay. I have to say that I probably should have invited my friends to the party earlier but having been so busy with work and the Robotics Team and home life I just did not muster the energy to call anyone any sooner. I invited my co workers and ex-coworkers and friends. I had hoped my ex-coworker friends Josh and Clark would have made it. However the party went well anyway. More the problem was the foot plus of snow that we had the week before the party and I had wanted to have a party in the back yard. But the yard was muddy from all the melted snow.

Check out the scrapblog below for pictures of the party and my brother visiting for my birthday.




Marvin called me Saturday morning from the airport asking for me to text him his ticket confirmation number because he had forgotten it. He arrived at about 11 am and we went out to eat and afterwards we went to church for an evening of boardgames. We spent Sunday afternoon together after church. Dropped Marvin off at the Airport Sunday afternoon around 4pm and had to pick him up because of heavy rains canceled his flight and the next flight would not be until early in the morning. It was great because Liam was heartbroken when we had to drop Marvin at the Airport and Liam was so surprised when Uncle Booger... ahem I mean Uncle Marvin came back. This meant I had to wake up extra early to drop him off at the airport so he can be harassed by the TSA and not miss his flight.

I think I will most definitely post some more soon.

2 comments:

Caleb Elston said...

Happy Birthday! I love your scrapblog too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Garvin. Loved the scrapbook. Your wee boy is just gorgeous. Hope all goes well for Ahmie during the arrival of your next bundle of joy.

God Bless

Ruthy