Sunday, October 31, 2004

Halloween Fun


Halloween Costumes Posted by Hello

Here is a picture of us at church today. We were asked to dress up for the service although I spent most of it preparing food in the kitchen for the pot luck after the service. Liam was dressed up as a monkey, Ahmie was dressed up as a tree, and I was dressed up as the scariest thing I can think of ... (gasp) ... a ... Republican. It was so scary I could not bear to wear the home made button saying (Bush,Cheney 04) although if you read carefully it also said www.factcheck.com underneath.

The explanation is this, Liam is a monkey. Ahmie is a tree that nourishes the monkey, in fact the costume has a flap that allows Liam access to breastfeed. I am a republican who is interested in having the tree chopped down because Ahmie is an old growth tree, and am willing to allow it to be chopped down for pennies with no thought about the consequences. Scary huh.

This evening Ahmie, Liam and I went trick or treating unfortunately the pictures did not come out right. We walked around our street and trick or treated with Liam in my arms. Afterwards I manned the porch and gave candy to the neighborhood trick or treaters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He forgot to mention, the evil republican also wanted to use the baby monkey for medical research... you'd think we belong to PETA or something *giggle*

Ahmie

De said...

It's good to see you all adjusting well to your new lives in Cleveland.

Sorry I've been away so long. I won't let you down again.